Cedric 16/06/2012 05:09 skype linux 0 comments
The long awaited version for Linux of Skype as been released: Skype 4.0
four major changes in this release:
- a new Conversations View where users can easily track all of their chats in a unified window. Those users who prefer the old view can disable this in the Chat options;
- a brand new Call View;
- Call quality has never been better thanks to several investments we made in improving audio quality; and
- improved video call quality and have also extended support for more cameras.
Of course, we have loads of other small improvements and fixes. As you can imagine, the list is so long it would take too much time to write it all, but some are worthy of mention:
- improved chat synchronization
- new presence and emoticon icons
- the ability to store and view phone numbers in a Skype contact’s profile
- much lower chance Skype for Linux will crash or freeze
- chat history loading is now much faster
- support for two new languages: Czech (flag:cz) and Norwegian (flag:no)
I did not have the time to test it, but will probably enjox all these new improvements.
Add a comment